Friday, August 8, 2014

Weekend Review: Chianti on Whyte Avenue

I’d like to write regular “Weekend Review” reflections to highlight some of the things that I enjoy each week. Getting into the habit of noting things, big or small, that make me happy as I go through each day inspires me to be mindful and appreciative. So without further ado, here are some things I’ve enjoyed during this past week.









1) Dinner with friends at Chianti, an Italian restaurant on Whyte Avenue (on $9.99 pasta Monday!). I enjoyed the tortellini alla romanoff (veal-filled noodles, bacon, and mushrooms in creamy tomato sauce) and a big slice of Dairy Queen ice cream birthday cake.
2) My new tumbler cup, complete with a removable infuser, which I found on end-of-summer clearance at Superstore for $3. It’s been perfect for smoothies, iced coffee, Mio, and water, with a convenient 20-oz capacity.
3) Reading more over the past week than I have in a long time! I finished The Cuckoo’s Calling (J.K. Rowling writing as John Galbraith), read If I Stay (Gayle Forman), and am halfway through American Wife (Curtis Sittenfeld). Nothing beats lazy days of reading on the couch!
4) A Scooby Doo Mystery Machine which I passed driving home from work!
5) The front of my car no longer scrapes on the cement at the bottom of the ramp entering the underground parking, after a helpful neighbour advised me to drive in on an angle. I’m thankful for this everyday!
6) Sunny mornings! Perusing my laptop with coffee on hand in the morning sun is such a joy.
7) Storm watching from the cozy Christmas-light glow of my apartment. Edmonton’s sunny weather has been interrupted by rain for a couple of evenings now, with an awesome thunder and lightning storm two nights ago!
8) Frozen pizza on Friday night, baked to gooey cheesy perfection — just what I’d been craving, with leftovers for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...