Sunday, March 1, 2015

Recipe: Dominican-Style Oatmeal

Happy March! I awoke to the sun filtering through my blinds on this beautiful blue-skied Sunday morning. Looking past the snow on the ground, I could almost convince myself that it was summer (wishful thinking!).

In keeping with a slow Sunday morning -- and the fact that I have a 4-L jug of milk in my fridge -- I decided to cook up some oatmeal on the stove. I seldom make stove-top oats, but when I have both time and milk on hand, I can't resist making Pepita's Dominican-style oatmeal, a five-star gem from AllRecipes.com that shouldn't be overlooked for its simplicity. This Dominican recipe makes the creamiest, tastiest, most delicious oatmeal you can imagine -- and, with 20 grams of protein, keeps you satisfied until lunch.
dominican oatmeal recipe
  • 1.5 cup milk
  • 0.5 cup quick oats
  • 1 tbsp white sugar (reduced from 2 tbsp in the original recipe)
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • pinch nutmeg
  • pinch salt
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly for 2 minutes until creamy.

Nutrition: 420 Cal, 60 g carb, 11 g fat, 20 g protein, 5 g fibre, 30 g sugar

I hope you try these oats and love them as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...