Sunday, June 5, 2016

Weekend Review: Pancakes, Call Room Luxuries, & Banana Yogurt

Nothing too interesting has happened this week. I picked up a few call shifts, which were fortunately quite uneventful. The weather's been perfect, mid 20s and sunny, and the days are so long -- which I'm thankful for, since I start thoracic surgery (= early mornings) tomorrow. Here are a few things I've appreciated this week (4 out of 5 are food, ha):


  1. pancakes -- I always forget how great pancakes are; mostly as a delivery medium for pancake syrup. After a too-long hiatus, I made a batch when I got home from the hospital yesterday morning. It was the best thing ever.
    george foreman pancakes
    à la George Foreman
  2. goodbyes -- I had an impromptu gelato date with one of my family medicine friends who's moving back to BC this weekend, to start working (!). I'm so proud of my co-residents who are graduating from family practice this month and already have jobs lined up. Those two years went by crazy fast; they're all grown up (and I'm not even halfway...).
    gelato leva
    hazelnut & cherry
  3. amenities -- I worked a call shift at a hospital I'd never been to this week and the call room was pretty much a hotel room. It had the call room trifecta: functional wifi, cell reception, and a TV. I'm so used to call rooms lacking the first two; and I've never been in a call room with a TV. I don't have TV so had the best time hanging out in bed watching the Food Network between admissions.
    call room tv
    perfect call room is perfect (except for the weird picture which reminds me of this creepiness)
  4. cookies -- Baked a batch of peanut butter oatmeal cookies.
    peanut butter oatmeal cookies
    little cookies (so you can eat more)
  5. yogurt -- Although the coconut Astro is my go-to yogurt, I tried the banana cream one this week instead. Pretty delicious!
    astro banana cream
    super thick & creamy -- definitely the best yogurt in the non-Greek non-Skyr price range

2 comments:

  1. I was sad when my general peds friends were attendings already and I was still a neuro resident... :/

    that call room is a treat, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly part of me is relieved to have a few more sheltered years before having to venture out into the real working world!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...