Monday, March 28, 2016

Weekend Review: Last (?!) Snow, Food Gifts, Timmy's, and Love

medicine blog
After a busy week I was SO glad for the three-day break. Alas I didn't use it as productively as I'd hoped, but time spent with chocolate, friends, or Netflix is not time wasted (okay maybe the last one is, but whatever). Anyways, this weekend's been gorgeous -- got to drive around with my window rolled down for the first time this year, which was more exciting than you'd believe. Now the river just has to thaw and the trees need to grow some leaves, and it'll start to feel like spring.
edmonton webcam
sunny, but still frozen
At least we're doing better than earlier this week, when things looked like this:
edmonton winter street
edmonton winter sidewalk
Besides the weather and the long weekend, here are some things I've appreciated in the past seven days:
  1. library -- I don't know why it took me until this week to discover the cancer centre's library. Definitely my new favourite study spot. It's bright and quiet...so quiet in fact that one afternoon this week the librarian neglected to notice I was there, turned off the lights, and locked me in (an Arthur flashback for any '90s kids).
    hospital library edmonton
  2. homemade buns -- There's the kindest housekeeper at work whom I sometimes bump into when I'm there a bit later. We were chatting in the hallway last week and she insisted that I take a Vietnamese steamed bun she'd made, filled with black mushrooms, turnip, and other savoury things (which I hope wasn't her own dinner :S). It was delicious. The next day she brought a big green taro pandan one to the residents' office. She's seriously the sweetest.
    baos taro pandan
  3. Tim Hortons chocolate caramel muffin -- It was everything I'd imagined.
    tim hortons chocolate caramel muffin
  4. Earls -- I had a nice time catching up with friends over dinner at Earls. I tried the Bigger Better Burger, which was not as spectacular as its name would lead you to believe (but don't get me wrong, still a good burger).
    earls bigger better burger
  5. Love -- And this is how I spent Good Friday...binge-watching the entire season. I thought it was all right, but from that genre I prefer Girls, probably because it has a larger cast of more interesting characters and with its shorter episodes, the story lines are a little tighter. Love isn't bad, just not my favourite show out there.
    love netflix
    (source)
  6. Easter brunch -- I had a really nice meal with old and new friends on Easter Sunday, with some Pinterest-worthy decor :)
    pretzel chick
    pretzel chicks AND Kinder Surprise Eggs = my friend's a superstar host

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...