Sunday, February 7, 2016

Weekend Review: Apartment Plants, Sabzy Persian Grill, & Yumioca

This week passed by quickly, kicked off by our CaRMS social and interviews on Monday and Tuesday. Fortunately the weather cooperated with our attempts to showcase our program and city favourably. We'll just have to wait until Match Day (March 2!) to see if it worked :)

As for the weekend, it's been surprisingly productive. I've put a bit of a dent in the work I have to get done. I also have a properly cleaned apartment, thanks to a combination of procrastination from research writing and inspiration from a how-to-prepare-for Chinese New Year article I read -- I can definitely see the appeal of starting a new year with a clean house. A few other things that I've appreciated this week (just four until my cellphone starts cooperating better with my wifi :( ) are:
  1. plants -- I brought three clippings back from Victoria to plant and haven't killed them yet (despite forgetting to water them for the first two weeks :S)!
    that left one has its first little shoot coming up -- not dead, I promise
  2. textbooks -- If you're ever thinking of buying a textbook, make sure you check your university's library catalogue first. I never would've guessed they'd have a PDF of this obscure one.
    glad that $100 can go to better use
  3. dinner -- Yesterday I had a nice time catching up with friends whom I hadn't seen in a long while. We had a fantastic dinner at Sabzy Persian Grill, followed by bubble tea and board games at Yumioca.
    we shared the family meal -- all so delish!
    had to relearn Uno...it's been nearly two decades
  4. meal prep -- I've been doing all right on the meal prep front recently. This week: chili. I added a heaping teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder to my usual recipe, which I can maybe imagine enriched the flavour (honestly hard to tell; you can't taste the chocolate at all). Either way, it's pretty good -- as is not having to cook on weeknights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...