Friday, February 12, 2016

Public Speaking, Ugh

Project Live It aspires to encourage people to try new and interesting things and to help others to do the same. I'll be posting what I've been inspired to try/learn/see/do each Friday.

A lot of these are ending up medicine-related...not a bad thing, but probably a sign that I need to start making what remains of my non-working life a little more interesting :)

I can think of a couple things to write about this week, but I'll pick the one that was hardest for me -- deciding to run and delivering my candidacy speech for a VP position on our provincial resident physicians' association. I'm pretty happy that I went for it; it's a really good group of people that is involved in a lot of great stuff, from advocacy to wellness to community work to contract negotiations, on behalf of resident physicians in Alberta. It would be really interesting to work with them next year!

The moral of this is to go for stuff that interests you! The worst that can happen is you won't get it...but hey, at least you can write a Live It post to say you tried ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...