Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Recipe: Baked Teriyaki Chicken & Garlic Hickory Chicken

I came home from grocery shopping with a tray of fresh bone-in chicken breasts, which I got on sale. I decided to cook all five chicken breasts up for meals this week (with the option of freezing leftovers), rather than freeze them raw. I figured it would be more efficient (both time- and electricity-wise) to cook them in one go.

As I only have two small glass baking dishes (which I found on clearance at Canadian Tire this weekend) I decided to split the chicken up and marinate it two different ways. Here are the recipes I chose:
teriyaki chicken recipe

Teriyaki Chicken

(based on: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Teriyaki-Chicken/)
  • 1 heaping tsp flour
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 1/8 cup brown sugar (or a bit more, to taste)
  • 1/8 cup soy sauce
  • 1/8 cup vinegar (or a bit less)
  • 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
  • some black pepper
  • 3 chicken breast halves (with slits cut into sides for increased surface area)
In a small saucepan over low heat, combine all ingredients except chicken. Simmer, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens and bubbles. Place the chicken pieces in a glass baking dish and coat them with the sauce. Bake at 350 F for approximately 30 minutes per side, until cooked all the way through.
teriyaki chicken recipe
coating chicken with teriyaki sauce

Garlic Hickory Chicken

  • hickory BBQ sauce
  • 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
  • 2 chicken breast halves  (with slits cut into sides)
Place the chicken pieces in a glass baking dish and coat them with the sauce. Let marinate in the fridge for one hour (optional). Bake at 350 F for approximately 30 minutes per side, until cooked all the way through.
garlic hickory chicken recipe
coated with garlic hickory sauce and ready to go in the oven
I steamed broccoli and cooked rice to go with the chicken. Both marinades were good, but I thought the teriyaki one was tastier. And now I have my dinners cooked for the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...