R4! As in, I'm past the halfway mark and should probably actually know what I'm doing. :S.
This seems like a good time to commit to paper some goals for the year. So here goes -- here's what I'd love to accomplish in PGY-4:
- studying -- Finish making study notes -- but dynamically add to them from teaching, clinics, and academic half days.
- research -- Prioritize writing up existing projects. Start one new one.
- fellowship -- Explore/apply to brachytherapy fellowships.
- exams -- Write the USMLE Step 3 and register (/start studying) for the ABR physics and radiobiology exams.
- life -- Be more efficient with my time -- early morning studying/workouts. Be healthy -- exercise more often, make better meals. Be social -- make time for friends, PARA/RDoC, be a helpful coresident.
The next two years will race by, I'm sure; I'll just have to be intentional with my time and give it my all.
All the best to any of you who are also moving up in residency today -- you will be awesome. And to everyone, happy Canada Day!