Sunday, August 14, 2016

Weekend Review: A Taste of Home, Personality Test, & Call

This week has been great, minus the inconvenience of a lingering cough (I was definitely side-eyed by a few patients on Friday). The days have been long, but not long enough to get everything done. I went in yesterday to catch up on the stuff that there never seems to be time for on weekdays (data entry, dictating treatment summaries, Powerpointing, and other generally fun stuff), which sounds awful, but was actually super productive -- so nice to get solid work in with no distractions (pager, I'm looking at you). Otherwise, the weekend has been low-key and relaxing. Here are some things I've appreciated this week:
  1. family & plums -- My sister stopped by this weekend, en route to Saskatchewan, and we had a nice little visit. She brought along these Italian prune plums, from my parents' garden on Vancouver Island.
    italian prune plums
    they're amaaazing!
  2. candy -- Invariably when my sister is around, so too is candy. And I have no complaints -- these sour fizzy ring gummies are pretty rad.
    sour fizzy rings
    and cheap ($0.25 / 100 g!)
  3. not driving -- With the gorgeous weather, I've really been appreciating living in a walkable neighbourhood. I rode my bike to work yesterday and walked to pick up groceries today. It's so nice being able to get places without a vehicle.
  4. personality test -- My sister and I took this personality test and got completely opposite results. The site reckons that there are 16 personality types and gives examples of celebrities and TV characters who supposedly demonstrate each one -- from The Office I got Pam Beesly and my sister got Michael Scott. Accurate.
    isfj personality
    here's what I got -- I don't think it's too far off
  5. on-call hygiene -- I usually don't shower on call, not for not wanting to, but for fear that the code pager will go off combined with the sketchiness of mildewy shower stalls in old hospital basements. But this week, guys, I did a shift in a call room with a decent (attached!) shower, and 2 minutes in there made working the next day so much better (all psychological, but still).
    on call room computer
    new favourite call room

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...