Sunday, July 31, 2016

Weekend Review: Salmon, Ikea, and Harry Potter

4 weeks into PGY-3 and already neglecting to blog! It's been an especially busy month, so hopefully I'll find more time to write in the weeks to come. We're still enjoying a nice summer here in Edmonton, which has been making the walks to and from work especially nice (apart from the thunderstorms -- arriving at home or work soaked has become a once weekly occurrence). I'm grateful for this long weekend to do some relaxing and catching up on work. Here are some other things I've appreciated in recent days:
  1. ice cream -- I've been eating a lot of it. A vanilla sandwich or mint chocolate chip in a mug has become an integral part of the day.
    chapman vanilla ice cream sandwich
  2. salmon -- The other day Sobeys had whole pink salmon on sale, but the little Sobeys in my neighbourhood didn't stock them, so the meat department manager was so kind and offered me a sockeye fillet for the same price! It was very nice of him. And such a good fish.
    sobeys sockeye salmon
    salmon marinade soy sauce honey
    baked with a soy sauce + honey + sweet chili sauce marinade; and yam fries
  3. the great outdoors -- I did a call shift in what may be the only call room in the city with a window? Simple joys.
    hospital call room
  4. Ikea -- Not having discovered Ikea until I moved to Edmonton, I still get excited to visit a couple times a year. Checking out the showroom displays and finding things in the marketplace you didn't even know your life was missing; always a good time.
    ikea hot dog
    requisite $0.75 hot dog
  5. Harry Potter -- I was skeptical of whether this new Harry Potter book (rather, screenplay) would do JK Rowling justice, but am glad to say that I enjoyed the story overall. It's a brief book that's over before you really get a chance to settle in and get to know the new characters, but in fairness it is a play and probably would be much enhanced by acting, sets, and special effects. Anyhow, it was a fun read and brought back the anticipation of previous HP book releases -- I remember glorious entire days spent reading when the last few came out.
    harry potter cursed child

2 comments:

  1. that salmon looks great! I will be sitting down here soon and reading HP play. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...