Sunday, June 19, 2016

Weekend Review: Ice Cream Cake, Horses, & A Standing Workstation

This week brought a good mix of call shifts (thankfully mostly uneventful), catching up with friends, and errand-running; I'm finally starting to feel on top of things, which is nice for a change. I'm halfway through my thoracic surgery rotation and am really enjoying it. And my mom arrives in a week for a little road trip to southern Alberta, which will be a nice way to end the year (in July I'll be starting PGY-3 -- time flies!). Here are a few things I've appreciated in the past week:
  1. wellness day -- Best thing this week!
    elk island boardwalk
  2. cake -- We had ice cream cake on Friday to celebrate our fifth-year resident's graduation. It featured a dolphin because she's going to Florida for her fellowship and I didn't know how to draw a manatee on the post-it note the DQ cashier handed me (n.b.: plan out the cake design before you get to DQ).
    dq ice cream sheet cake
  3. wanderlust -- Last weekend friends who'd just returned from Iceland showed us a slideshow that -- within the first three photos -- had me sold on planning a visit. Also, how had I never heard of Icelandic horses? They're delightful.
    icelandic horses
    like Li'l Sebastian; or Justin Bieber circa 2010 (source)
  4. honey -- I'd actually never bought honey until this week -- I don't know why; it's the best.
    hot chocolate coffee
    with coffee + hot chocolate   #postcall
  5. standing desk -- Been taking advantage of my kitchen counter being the perfect height to work on...although I suppose I don't really need extra standing while on a surgical rotation; surgeons pretty much invented the standing workstation.
    kitchen counter standing desk

1 comment:

  1. I need to have a standing desk/workstation in my future apartment! :O

    Glad you had mostly uneventful call shifts! I'll be starting that up soon and I'm kinda excited but also really terrified, haha. Wellness day looks awesome, and that cake is super cute.

    Also...THOSE HORSES. <3!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...