Sunday, April 17, 2016

Weekend Review: Blue Sour Patch Kids, Baking, & a Conference

med school blog
This week's been good. I've been on home call and am happy to say that for the first time I'm not having pager anxiety. In-house call is another story; I still get somewhat anxious trying to sleep in the hospital and I don't think that'll go away anytime soon. But I'm feeling a bit more competent overall, which is nice. Here are some other things I've appreciated this week:


  1. spring -- The weather this week has been gorgeous, albeit a little challenging to dress for, with it being -2 °C walking into work and +22 °C walking home.
    university alberta research transitions facility
    the elms have what looks to be the beginning of leaves
  2. treats -- I've had a very sugar-filled past few days for various celebratory reasons.
    blue sour patch kids
    so apparently there are blue Sour Patch Kids now
    (according to Wikipedia they've been a thing since 2013...how can it have been that long since I've had them?!)
    second cup treats
    the kindest staff brought treats to the residents' room on Friday, which was so sweet (both the gesture and the treats)
  3. conference -- I presented a talk yesterday at a family medicine conference, which I really just signed up for to confront my fear of public speaking. To make matters worse, it was videoconferenced to four other cities -- where the people actually tried to interact with me (I guess that's good, but ugh #introvertprobs). I'm just glad it's over and didn't go too terribly.
  4. baking -- I tried this recipe, which I thought turned out okay, but not nearly as drool-worthy as its reviews suggested.
    passion bars
    setting myself up for diabetes (see #2)
  5. Phobulous -- I had a pretty good lunch at this Vietnamese place down the block, which I failed to photograph (because awkward). I should really make these spring rolls more often at home, since I do have rice wrappers and vermicelli (from that other time I was inspired and then made them a grand total of once).
    phobulous spring rolls
    it's all about that sauce (source)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...