Monday, November 23, 2015

Weekend Review: Potluck, First Snow, & MEC Bags

Here's a very late weekend review post. I always feel so guilty when I miss posting, but I've told myself to stop apologizing for neglecting to blog, so I'm not sorry (okay, I am...but I'll try not to be). It's better to live life than to sit around and write about it, right? Perhaps some day I'll be organized enough to do both. But not this week; it's been a busy one with a midterm, presentation, and educational day in Red Deer, on top of the usual things. Things are going well though -- here are some highlights from the past seven days:
  1. potluck -- Dinner with friends last weekend was really nice. I've got to up my potluck game -- we had some pretty impressive dishes.
    a fraction of the food
    multicultural deliciousness
  2. Christmas lights -- Walks to and from work are always better this time of year.
  3. snow -- We officially have snow on the ground. Not sure why it's on this appreciated-things list...that'll change as soon as I have to drive anywhere.
    documenting that the parking lot was pretty before all the cars trucks (this is Alberta) arrived
  4. grapes -- These grapes from California are seriously the largest grapes I've ever seen. I feel like I'm eating prune plums.
    mutants
  5. simple dinners -- I always forget how easy and delicious potato wedges and roasted broccoli are.
    seriously, best broccoli ever (toss with olive oil -> bake at 375 degrees F for 40 min -> devour)
  6. MEC -- Remember when I bought my MEC cascade courier bag and was eyeing the matching tote and weekender bag? Well both are now sitting in my living room. I'm usually pretty minimalist, but when I saw that the whole cascade line was on clearance, figured that it was now or never. I've also bought bags for my sister and mother...MEC just needs to hire me to be their cascade line ambassador already!
     they're perfect -- not too rough, not too polished

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...