Sunday, October 11, 2015

Weekend Review: Little India, Bulk Barn, & Roadside Art

med student blog
Happy Thanksgiving long weekend! Today's so very windy and rainy I'm relieved I don't have to set foot outdoors (a bit of a change from yesterday's sunny 25 °C). You can see on the university's EAS webcam that the river valley's fall palette is disappearing; if this wind keeps up, I bet every tree will be bare by the end of the day. Not that I really mind. Most of my days have been spent indoors at the cancer centre, which is still interesting and enjoyable.
edmonton webcam
Here are some things I've appreciated in the past seven days:
  1. Little India -- I had lunch on Friday at Little India, which I'd say was probably some of the most authentic Indian food I'd had. I tried a bit of everything in the buffet...though couldn't stomach more than a bite of the extremely sugary jalebi or rasgulla desserts. I'd certainly go back; the food was delicious and of good variety (plenty of vegetarian dishes, in addition to meat ones), the decor was beautiful (our water glasses were metal goblets), and the price was decent ($15).
    little india edmonton
  2. candy -- First Halloween candy of the year, thanks to a kind nurse.
    reese smarties
  3. Bulk Barn -- Why had I never been here before? This is a store that consists entirely of bulk bins. You can also grind your own nut butters. It's kind of amazing. I'm glad I had the self restraint to leave before buying every snack ever.
    bulk barn edmonton
  4. road beautification -- I've noticed that Edmonton is more artistic a city than it gets credit for. From birds on the walls of the legislature tunnel to this cow painting on a barricade near Southgate, there are plenty of things to look at when you're stuck in traffic.
    edmonton road art
  5. The Amazing Race Canada -- Back in university I was pretty good at saving my TV shows to watch while on the elliptical. Now I'm a slacker and watch TV anywhere and everywhere, but the one thing I still only watch while exercising is The Amazing Race. Recently I've been catching up on The Amazing Race Canada which I love because it showcases Canada so beautifully. As far as reality TV goes, I think the Amazing Race franchise is one of the best -- it's beautifully edited, relatively drama-free, and teaches you about geography and culture without your realizing it.
    amazing race elliptical

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving weekend!
    That indian spread looks sooooo good! yum.....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...