Friday, October 16, 2015

The Junque Cellar on Whyte Avenue

Project Live It aspires to encourage people to try new and interesting things and to help others to do the same. I'll be posting what I've been inspired to try/learn/see/do each Friday.

In the spirit of exploration, I decided to check out a shop I'd walked past many a time -- The Junque Cellar, which occupies a basement on Whyte Ave. Accessed by a staircase wedged between two other shops, The Junque Cellar is easily missed.
junque cellar whyte ave
But those who do descend the stairs will find a welcoming old-attic treasure trove vibe -- entirely appropriate, as The Junque Cellar specializes in antique, vintage, and consignment items.
junque cellar edmonton
Part garage sale and part museum, it is such a fun place to browse around. Discovering the vinyl-upholstered kitchen chairs we had in the orange shag-carpeted house I grew up in and an antique weigh-scale like the one we inherited from my grandmother left me nostalgic. Also a joy was re-discovering toys I'd forgotten from my '90s childhood -- pogs, a yak-bak, a magic 8-ball (it gave me the ever-useless "reply hazy, try again later")...
junque cellar edmonton
From classic to funky, there is so much great random stuff down there. Furniture, lamps, jewellery, clothing, shoes, books, cassettes, typewriters, phones, cameras...if you're interested in vintage items or are just looking to take a trip down memory lane, The Junque Cellar is the place to go.
junque cellar
used bookstore edmonton
cassette edmonton
old books edmonton
I'm definitely glad I was curious enough to wander in (and am pretty certain I'll end up back!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...