Monday, September 21, 2015

Weekend Review: Tropika Malaysian Restaurant and Signing Up For Stuff

med student blog
In trying not to completely abandon my now semi-established surgery-block sleep-early-wake-up-crazy-early pattern over the weekend, I never got around to writing a Weekend Review post last night. Not that there's much to tell! This is my last week of gyne oncology...and I'm sort of thinking that just maybe I'll be able to keep waking up at 4:15 am on my next rotation to get a couple bonus hours of work in before starting work at 8 am (but we'll see). Here are a few things that have been good in the past week:




  1. Downton Abbey -- While this week's Mindy return was much anticipated, I was actually more excited about the Season 6 premiere of Downton Abbey. This season I'm paying closer attention to fashion, trying to figure out how to emulate it for a friend's upcoming 1920s-themed wedding (so fun, but surprisingly tricky!).
    downton abbey season 6
  2. Lipton yellow tea -- Twinings earl grey has been my go-to tea for years now, but I picked up a box of Lipton yellow tea yesterday and am officially converted. It's so smooth and flavourful, without a hint of bitterness. The perfect basic tea.
    lipton yellow tea box
    so orderly
  3. Tropika -- I had a nice dinner with friends on the weekend at Tropika Malaysian Restaurant. I tried Singapore laksa, which is a curry coconut noodle soup that came in such a generous serving size that I ended up taking half of it home for tonight's dinner.
    tropika singapore laksa
  4. curry mixes -- On a curry kick while grocery shopping, I picked up a few mixes that were on sale. When it comes to meal prep, curry has a pretty decent taste-to-cooking-effort ratio -- plus it's fun to try new ones when you have no clue what they'll taste like.
    shan curry mixes
  5. job shadowing -- I found out this week that I'll get to be a mentor for my university's job shadowing program, which entails chatting with undergrads about medicine and showing them what residents do. I'd been hedging a bit at applying and finally figured I'd just do it...might as well go for stuff when the opportunities arise (or so I'm trying to convince myself)!

2 comments:

  1. 4:15 :O I'm dead when I have to start work at 7:30!

    The Lipton Yellow Label is seriously the best tea ever. I always import it when I go abroad because we don't have it in Austria. Their green teas are also really good :)

    Have fun on your last week of Gyne Onco!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I'm not used to it, 7:30 seems ridiculously early too! Oh that's too bad about the tea...but you have even more delicious things in Austria (like apfelstrudel, yum!). Hope you have a good week as well :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...