Sunday, August 9, 2015

Weekend Review: Trampolining, Paint Nite, & An LP Attempt

Summertime in Edmonton is wonderful and I almost feel like I'm on summer holidays (well, outside of the time I spend at work...but even work these days has been pretty enjoyable). It's been a really good week -- here are some reasons why:







  1. Launch Pad -- I spent an hour jumping around in this indoor trampoline park yesterday. It was awesome, with trampoline basketball and dodge ball, and a foam pit (so fun!). But it was a little depressing to realize that trampolining is a lot harder now than it was as a kid...I was pooped after a few minutes and had to take Advil for back pain :S
    launchpad edmonton
    Going during supper time minimized our chances of jumping on children.
  2. food -- I had some nice meals with friends this week, including an after-work stop at Dream Tea House, sushi at Izakaya Tomo, and dinner at Mercer Tavern.
    dream tea house edmonton
    mercer tavern edmonton
  3. meal prep -- And for the rest of the week I was chipping away at this lentil casserole:
    lentil pasta casserole
    Not bad for a random mix of things...but then again anything tastes good when it's 7 pm and already cooked.
  4. manicure -- I got my first ever manicure which was...educational. I learned what "shellac" means and that cuticles apparently require routine attention (I've been ignoring mine for 24 years. Oops.).
    neutral manicure
    It's not perfect, but I'm not too fussed.
  5. Paint Nite -- I tried a Paint Nite with the residents in my program, which was well worth its $25 Groupon. Although we strayed a little from the demo, I'd like to think our paintings turned out all right. Regardless, we had so much fun doing them!
    original joes paint nite
    About to get started!
    paint nite edmonton
    Slightly dangerous to have my beer beside that red solo cup of paint water...fortunately no mix ups :)
    paint nite edmonton
    The finished product. I think I kind of ruined it haha. Oh well. Fun times.
  6. LP -- My tendency to shy away from procedures combined with the ample supply of ΓΌber keen med students and residents has meant that I made it to PGY-2 without having attempted a lumbar puncture. This month on the oncology wards I'm the only resident, which means no hiding from procedures. Funnily enough, I'm actually at a point where I kind of want to do them. It's only taken me 5 years to get over my anxiety around this kind of stuff. On Tuesday I got to do an LP to deliver intrathecal chemo and while I didn't get it (despite having studied minutes prior) I was secretly pleased at how calm I was about it all (I know that's not a big deal for most people, but I've fainted while watching an injection...so, progress). Here's to better luck with LPs over the next three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...