- a day off -- Residents in Alberta get Good Friday off and I'm so glad to have the chance to sleep in past 4:15 am, prepare some meals that are not canned tuna or grilled cheese, and get some studying done. While I'm a little jealous that my BC resident friends get both Good Friday and Easter Monday off, one day off is better than nothing!
a slow morning with coffee, blueberry muffin oats, and sunshine :)
- study time -- The past few days have been easy ones for my general surgery team, as discharging patients + not being on admissions = short inpatient list! Yesterday us residents were done rounding at 6:30 am and had a full 3 hours to kill before we had to meet up with our staff. I've been trying to use breaks like these to get in some USMLE studying (well, after spending a good
hourcouple hours getting coffee and socializing). I've discovered that flipping through a deck of Study Stack flashcards is perfect for when you don't want to think too hard. (http://www.studystack.com/USMLE)
- brownies -- Because my batch of peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookies has been disappearing at an alarming rate (and because I need to take advantage of my last couple days of I-can-eat-all-the-junk-food-because-I'm-on-surgery), I mixed up a box of Duncan Hines brownies last night...and accidentally ate a quarter of them.
- reading -- I've really been enjoying reading a little every day. Today I started Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty and hope it's as good as I've heard!
- schedule -- This week I was emailed my schedule for next year! In second year I'll be primarily on-service, but I'll still have three months of electives -- I ended up getting thoracic surgery, gyne oncology, and inpatient ward oncology, all of which I'm happy with!
What was great in your week?