Friday, February 20, 2015

Weekend Review: Chili Egg Rice, Shopping Deals, & Online Crosswords

I've had a great week, starting with a fun trip to Jasper last weekend and ending with some productive shifts in the emergency department. I'll be working through the weekend, which I don't mind; the shifts are busy and pass by quickly. Otherwise not much has been happening! Here are some things I've enjoyed in the past week:






  1. chili rice -- Now that my big pot of chili is gone, I'm craving this chili egg rice that I made with the leftovers! I'll have to make another pot soon.
    chili egg rice
  2. shampoo & bread deals -- When I picked up groceries last weekend I happened upon Pantene 2-in-1 shampoo on clearance for $0.99 a bottle (and bought a multi-year supply!) and nice bread for $0.59. Score.
    cheap pantene shampoo
  3. med student buddy -- As I've mentioned previously, the university has a mentoring program that pairs first-year medical students with first-year residents for monthly shadowing. My med student buddy spent an evening with me in Emergency this week and it was fun to tag team a few interesting cases.
  4. decorative indoor tree -- I came across this beautiful wall decoration that would look pretty neat in the right space:
    indoor wall tree
    (http://thewindingspiralcase.blogspot.com/2015/02/recipe-easy-chili.html)
  5. Metro News Universal Crosswords -- In an attempt to improve my pathetic crossword-solving skills, I've been doing the Metro News crossword when I have a chance. The online version is wonderfully user-friendly and has helpful features for beginners (highlighting incorrect letters, solving words).
    metro news universal crossword online
    ...I cheated here!
What's something you've enjoyed in the past week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...