Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Recipe: Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Oats

I have a confession to make. Ever since I made these chocolate chip cookie dough oats they're all that comes to mind when I think breakfast...or any meal, for that matter (I'll admit that I caved and had them for dinner on Friday). I've come up with this peanut butter cookie dough version, which satisfies my sweet tooth and is healthy enough to call breakfast. They don't require cooking microwaving (who am I kidding, I don't cook oatmeal), so can be thrown together in just two minutes. Grinding the oats gives them a more cookie doughy texture.
peanut butter cookie dough oatmeal recipe
  • 0.5 cup oats
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter (or more!)
  • a splash of milk
I start by blending/pulsing the oats into oat flour. Then I pour them into a bowl and mix in the peanut butter as best I can (it's a sticky business). Finally I pour in just a little bit of milk and mix it around, adding more milk as needed to achieve a "cookie dough" texture (occasionally I've been overzealous with the milk and had "cake batter" oats instead).
peanut butter cookie dough oats recipe
It doesn't look like much (since the oats are ground), but leaves me feeling full. The difference ingredient-wise between these and my usual oats is that they contain less milk, and therefore less protein. I make up for this by having a glass of milk on the side -- which happens to be the perfect complement to peanut butter cookies anyways :)

These oats are also a great way to clean out a nearly empty peanut butter jar!
peanut butter cookie dough oats recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...