Saturday, August 23, 2014

5 Exercises To Sneak Into Your Everyday Routine

I'm all for efficiency and sneaking in exercise without taking any additional time out of my day constitutes pretty satisfying multitasking. Here are five times in my day when I like to squeeze in some strength exercises.








  1. While waiting 90 seconds for the microwave... Get down on the kitchen floor and plank -- you've got a built-in timer -- hold on until the microwave beeps!
  2. While brushing your teeth... Do 100 calf raises -- which also ensures that you won't cut short your toothbrushing.
  3. While flossing your teeth... Wall sit to strengthen your quadriceps.
  4. While waiting for the kettle to boil... Or during a TV ad break... Might as well do 50 sit-ups.
  5. While Orange Is The New Black's slightly-too-long theme song is playing... Drop and do 10 pushups.

6 comments:

  1. OMG, I love this :D
    I just found your blog through searching for evidence that quizzing yourself (i.e. making questions from your study notes - for example "What do dyneine and kinesine adhere to?" and pretty much only study those until you can answer them all) is actually a bad idea - so far no evidence but a great blog discovery!
    I study medicine in Switzerland and I'm a huge fan of Canada. Anyway, I just wanted to say that you have an awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!! Thanks for the comment! I think that sounds like an really great way to study -- especially because it ensures that you're always actively studying rather than passively reading/zoning out. I'm excited to hear that you're in medicine too -- hope all goes wel!! And just so you know, I think Switzerland is pretty darn spectacular :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I'm just a bit worried that I'll need the actual question to then remember the answer so that when I write the exam where my questions probably won't be asked I won't know enough. But maybe I'm just over-thinking this :D
      Thank you, I like Switzerland too. It's a bit crowded sometimes though :)

      Delete
    3. I get what you mean -- it's like when I memorize mnemonics but then can't remember what they're for! I think though that if you have a decent understanding of the material (rather than purely memorizing questions and answers) you'll be fine even without the questions. And I'm sure you'll develop that understanding both in lectures and in the process of going through the material to make the questions in the first place. Regardless, it sounds like you're working hard and I'm sure it'll pay off :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the encouragement :-)
    I'm just going to stick with this method for this exam and see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. You bet I'll be doing these postpartum.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...